Etude House Goodbye Pore ever Primer Essence ♥

Hello everyone!! 

Today I'm back with a review on the Etude House Goodbye Pore ever Pore primer Essence which was highly requested back in my W2beauty Haul post! So here it guys, after a few months haha! Anyways, I first decided to buy this because I saw a video by ahyedizzy  on YouTube about it and it seemed like it was a really good primer. I have a lot of open big pores around my nose area so this sounded like the perfect solution. Many of you have probably already heard of this product before and know that its a dupe of the Benefit Porefessional. I personally haven't tried Benefit's famous porefessional before so therefore I can't really compare Etude House to Benefit. 


Brand: Benefit cosmetics
Name: Gimme Brow
Price: W2beauty - $15.94 AUD
Jolse -  $9.61 AUD 
Weight: 20mL 
Description: "Smooth and velvety soft primer dries to a matte finish, minimizing the look of enlarged pores and crontrolling sebum production, greatly imporving makeup longaevity and wearing power in the process. To use, after cleansing and toning, apply an even layer of primer all over the T-zone, adding an additional layer over areas with pronounced pores. Follow with foundation and point makeup" - YesStyle Website





To be honest I bought this product because of how cute the Etude House packaging was. It comes in an easy to squeeze tube with a blue base and yellow polka dots all over. As Ahyedizzy mentions, there is a really cute silhouette of a face on the side and a picture of a pore with a happy face on it, but obviously my pores are definitely not happy haha :P  

I actually really love the packaging of this primer and i love how its packaged so similar to Benefits Porefessional. However this Etude House Goodbye pore ever primer essence only comes with 20mL of product whilst the Benefit Porefessional comes with 22mL of product. This tube is quite small so it is ideal for travelling because you can probably easily pop this into your makeup bag with no troubles.
Everything on the box is actually written in Korean so i have no idea what it says lol. I've included a picture of the ingredients list on it in case you want to check if you're allergic to any of the products. 


As mentioned in my W2beauty Haul, i bought this for a really great price of $14.18 USD. I think this is a quite reasonable price considering that you get 20mL of product. As you all know, you don't need a whole heap of primer to prime your face, so this primer essence can last for a really long time when using only the slightest amount every time. On top of all these great features, this primer actually smells amazing but let's be honest here, the one thing that i really can't do is describe smells, so you'll probably have to go in store to test it out and smell it or purchase yourself if you want to know how amazing this stuff smells. 


This primer comes in a squeezey tube so it's very hygienic and it makes it so much easier to control how much product you want to use. The only bad thing about this is that you can't really tell how much product you have left inside the tube. Sometimes it's quite useful if products have clear containers because you can see how much you have left and then you'll know when it's time that you need to order a new one. You feel?? 

Swatches ♥ 



Here's a small swatch of what the primer looks like. As you can see, the primer is a yellowish cream colour and when you you're applying this to your face it's very smooth and makes your face feel very silky. It is very moisturising so it doesn't cling onto my dry spots like bases do. So if you have very dry skin, I'd recommend you to choose a primer instead of a base because bases tend to dry out the skin (well, at least for me they do). Primer with silicon bases kind of prevents the foundation or BB cream from clinging onto dry spots. Also, it dries clear! 


Verdict ♥

Packaging: ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ / 5 
Ahaa I don't think I've reviewed many products packaging with less than 5 star ratings, comes to show that I'm a sucker for cute and pretty packaging! ;P But let's be honest here, who can resist the cute Etude House Packaging, it's practically asking for you to buy it ;) The packaging is extremely adorable and love how it's basically a dupe of the Benefit Porefessional - even though i can't judge it quality wise (because I haven't tried it before) 

Price : ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ / 5 
This primer is very affordable compared to many primers in the market, i bought it for around $15.94 AUD at W2beauty but now that i've discovered Jolse, i'll definitely be repurchasing this from them just because it's so much cheaper there! 

Performance : ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥  / 5 
I definitely have to say that when i apply this primer, it makes it a lot easier to apply foundation or BB cream on and it helps add an extra layer of moisture to my skin. It makes the foundation look smoother than usual however, I have to mention that it doesn't really do a great job with the oil control because at the end of the day, i find that i still get really oily around my nose area and on my cheeks even though I generously apply the primer in those areas. Pore wise, it does help reduce the appearance of them but not by much and yes it does make my foundation look more matte as compared to when i don't wear the primer. 

Pros: 
  • Smells good
  • Slightly minimises the appearance of pores 
  • Small and great for travel purposes
  • Little product can go a long way 
  • Easy to work with 
  • Makes the skin feel a lot smoother 
  • Moisturises - Doesn't cling on dry patches 
  • Mattify's the skin 
  • Cheap
Cons: 
  • Poor oil control
  • Not available everywhere, I can only find this product online
  • Doesn't make the makeup last any longer than usual 
Overall, I do love the products and I would repurchase this again because I like how it mattify's my skin and moisturises without that heavy feeling. I just wish that it would make my makeup last a bit longer and have better oil control. I would recommend this product to people who don't have extremely oily skin and if you're more towards dry normal skin. For those who tend to be a bit more oily, i suggest you invest in a different primer or maybe try using a good setting powder for extra oil control if you really do want to try this product. \ This would also be a perfect product if you don't want to spend too much on a primer because this is relatively cheap compared to high ends like the Benefit Porefessional. 

That's it for this weeks post, hope you guys all enjoyed this! Don't forget to COMMENT down below and FOLLOW me on GFC! Let me know if you've tried this product and if you liked it or not! Until next week, take care 

xx
Fifi ♥ 

No comments

Hey Everyone! Feel free to leave me a comment here, I'd love to hear what you think of my posts ^_^ ♥