Review | The FACE Shop Lovely ME:EX Makeup Base in Green ♥

Hey everyone!! 

I've been meaning to review this product since so long ago but have only got the time to do it now because I've been so busy with school work and trials - to sum it all up these few months have just been pretty crazy :(


Brand: The Face Shop

Name: Lovely ME:EX Makeup Base

Price: $5.78 USD

Weight: 40 mL

Shade: 01 Green

Where to purchase: Jolse Cosmetics, Beautynetkorea, Sasa

Description: "The Face Shop Makeup Base that brightens skin with better tones. It is ideal for oily skin cause of oil-free non-sticky and soft texture. It also covers blemishes effectively.Violet neutralizes and brightens yellow tone for healthier complexion, and green to cover redness." - Sasa.com
 



 This was one of the first The Face Shop products that I had ever bought and the only base that I own. Because I have acne prone skin, I suffer from a lot of redness on my face and sometimes foundations that are quite light aren't very good at covering up the redness so when I was shopping at Jolse, I came across this base and decided to pick it up. They offer this base in purple - for neutralisation, yellow - for healthier complexion and green - for redness. I remember watching Shaaanxo's makeup tutorial before buying this because she used a green base to cover up the redness on her face and it looked really good which was why I wanted to try one too. I actually don't remember the brand that she used but this was definitely a cheaper alternative.



 The packaging is very plain but what more could I ask for when this only costed a bit over $5! However, i didn't like how it didn't come with a box because when it came, it looked kind of squished inside the box but luckily no product squirted out!! Keep in mind to not squeeze on an angle like I did in that photo or else the base will just run down the sides of the tube and get messy :P
So this makeup base is a creamy kind of green colour and the consistency is inbetween thick and runny which is good because that makes it easy to blend. I would say it's a bit more runny than an average silicon based primer though. For primers, they're usually clear in colour and it's easy to wear by itself, however, with this base, I think it wouldn't be advisable to wear alone because it will most likely make your face extremely pale!!



As you can see, when blended it kind off looks like a really light greenish colour and once you add your foundation over it, it will cover up the green so don't worry! Even though on online websites which sells this base says that its a non drying formula, I found that when I applied this to my face during winter it would accentuate ALL of my dry spots on my face and I would just peel like crazy which was something i didn't want to happen! I have combination skin where my T zone and nose area are oily whilst my cheeks, chin and neck are dry so I was dissapointed because it did a really good job at covering up all the redness on the oilier parts of my face but on my cheeks and chin, the dry spots just looked extremely visible. 


Verdict ♥
Packaging:  ♥  ♥  
/ 5
There is nothing special about the packaging, it's very plain, just a mainstream tube. Also didn't like the fact that it didn't come in a box but again, I guess it was a reflection of the price.

Price:  ♥  ♥
/ 5 
For 40mL of product, which is a really generous amount, I think this product is extremely price friendly!! The fact that this only cost a bit over $5 was the main reason why I decided to try this.
 
Performance:  ♥  ♥
/ 5
I decided not to give this a one star because I have to admit that it did cover up the redness well on the oilier parts of my face such as around my nose and T zone but the rest of the points were taken off because of the accentuation of dryness after the use of this base. It's definitely the last thing that we want to happen to our makeup because it ruins the appearance of the overall foundation.

Overall - 3 / 5 


Pros: 

  • Inexpensive
  • Lots of product - can last for so long 
  • Easy to blend on areas that aren't dry
  • Cancels out the redness on the face 

Cons: 

  • Accentuates dry patches on dry areas of the face
     
So obviously, I would not purchase this product again. In fact I actually gave this away to my sister who enjoyed using it for awhile but then also started experiencing the same problem that I had with it so now we both don't use it lol. But whatever doesn't work for me doesn't necessarily mean that it won't work for you since we all have different skin types. But if you have dry skin, i wouldn't recommend it :) You could look for another alternative but I think I'll stick to my silicone based primers instead for my face just because it's more soothing! 

Anyways, hope you guys all enjoyed this review and don't forget to leave me a comment down below if you have the same experience with this product or otherwise. Don't forget to follow me on GFC too and other social media platforms! I update often on Twitter ;) 
Until next Saturday, hope you all have an amazing week! Love you guys!! 

xx
Fifi

No comments

Hey Everyone! Feel free to leave me a comment here, I'd love to hear what you think of my posts ^_^ ♥