Review | NARS Creamy Concealer ♥

Hey Everyone!! 

If you guys have seen my Collective High End Haul post, you would've seen this concealer being featured. I mentioned that I really loved it and so I decided to do a more in depth review about it!! Hope you guys enjoy this ^_^ 


Brand: NARS
Name: Radiant Creamy Concealer
Price: $35 AUD
Weight: 6mL
Shade: Honey Light 3
Where to purchase: Mecca Cosmetica if you're from Australia ^_^
Description: "Coveted by artists for its luxurious texture and luminous finish, the Radiant Creamy Concealer evens skin with lightweight medium to high buildable coverage. Enriched with hydrating, multi-action skincare benefits and light diffusing technology, it creates a softer, smoother complexion while instantly obscuring imperfections and diminishing fine lines and signs of fatigue. Long wearing and crease-proof for the perfect cover!" -Mecca Cosmetica





Before I bought this concealer, the only ones which I had purchased was the Maybelline Mineral Cover Concealer and the Maybelline Age Rewind concealer and honestly, I really didn't like either of them and it gave me a really bad impression of concealers in general. It was only after watching Shaaanxo's videos on YouTube that I started becoming tempted to purchase this because she would constantly rave about this in all her tutorials! Also because during this winter my skin has been really dry for some reason and I really needed to find something that was really creamy and wouldn't cling onto my dry patches.



 I bought this concealer from Mecca Cosmetica which I guess is kind of like the Australian version of Sephora but obviously a lot smaller and doesn't carry as many brands. The sales assistants were all really busy when I went in there so because I didn't want to bother them, I was stupid and decided to pick out a shade by myself instead of having them match it for me. There was 10 shades to choose from and I'm actually so lucky i picked out a shade that matched my skin tone perfectly or else it would've gone to waste! (Note to self: make sure I get the shade matched next time!!) Honey is the colour that I picked out and on the website it says that it's a warm peach tone and looking back at the pictures of the shades online, I'm actually surprised it matches my skintone because it looks really pink based on the swatches. After researching online afterwards, "Custard" was actually meant to be the shade for me since I'm NC37 but Mecca didn't have that shade at the time.

 This is the first NARS product I've purchased and i really like the packaging, it's simple and has the signature black rubber cap and now I understand why people say NARS products become dirty really easily!! Literally the first time I used it, I already got fingerprints all over lol! It comes with 6mL of product which I thought was really little for the price you're paying, but I guess as long as I don't use too much at a time, it can last for awhile.

Swatches ♥
  





In the pictures, the concealer doesn't look like it completely matches my skin tone but in real life, on top of foundation, it looks really good!

Verdict ♥
Packaging:  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥ 
 / 5 
I like it because it's simple and it just appears very high class! But like other people, I don't really like the rubbery lid because it does getting dirty easily :(

Price:  ♥ ♥
/ 5 
This concealer is quite expensive for the amount of product that you're getting. But I'm actually surprised that the price difference isn't that big between the US and Australia because in the US this retails for $29 whilst in Australia it's $35 so I the pricing at Mecca is quite reasonable. 


Performance:  ♥  ♥  ♥
/ 5

Not even exaggerating, this restored my faith in concealers! I seriously never thought I would love a concealer this much, especially using the Maybelline ones. I used to only rely on using foundation to cover up spots but now this concealer is on of my must haves and I use it literally every day! I love how it matches my face really well, it looks natural and most importantly, it definitely is really hydrating, doesn't cling on dry patches. I don't use concealers under my eyes because acne is more of an issue to me than dark circles so I'm not sure if it creases.
Oh btw, this concealer needs to be set with a powder or else it will come off.

Overall - 4 / 5 

Pros: 

  • Nice Packaging
  • Very creamy
  • Doesn't cling on dry patches
  • Medium to High Coverage (if you build it up)
  • Great colour range
Cons: 
  • Lid gets dirty easily
  • Expensive
  • Need to set with powder or else it will come off if your face touches anything
Overall, this is one of the products I'm really loving at the moment and I will repurchase this when I've finished using it! Though I am wondering if I should give the MAC pro long wear concealer a go because I've heard a lot of good things about that too!! Not too sure, so leave a comment down below if you've tried either of them and which one i should use next ^_^ 

Hope you all have a fantastic week and don't forget to follow me on GFC and other social media platforms and I'll see you in a weeks time ~ 

xx
Fifi ♥

No comments

Hey Everyone! Feel free to leave me a comment here, I'd love to hear what you think of my posts ^_^ ♥