Review | Etude House Colour My Brows 01 Rich Brown ♥

Hello everyone!! :) 

How has your week been? I'm pretty excited and I'm sure many fellow Australians in Year 12 are excited too because graduation is in less then 2 weeks now and formal isn't far away either!! The only thing I'm dreading now is choosing my uni courses for next year and right now I have less than a month until they're due >_< I'm thinking of doing education but I'm not really sure yet!! 

Anyways, today's review is going to be on the Etude House Colour My Brow Mascara which I previously said I wouldn't do a review on, but I'm lacking inspiration at the moment so I decided to write up something about this product! Hope you guys enjoy this! 


Brand: Etude House
Name: Colour My Brows
Price: $6.63 USD
Weight: 4.5g
Shade: 01 Rich Brown 
Where to purchase: Jolse Cosmetics 
Description: "Eye brow color mascara. Shade and moisten brows for a refined natural look. Soft-Hold Gel type mascara, with slim mascara-type brush, enables voluminous and detailed touch for the eyelashes." - Jolse Cosmetics 



I actually purchased this eyebrow mascara a really long time ago but I never really reached for it because I can't seem to part from the Benefit Gimme Brow mascara (which, if you've read my review on that, would know that it's absolutely amazing!). However as of lately, I've decided to try this again because my Gimme Brow is starting to dry up and I've been too lazy to place an order on the Benefit Website (jkes. I'm just being Asian and don't want to spend $32 on a brow mascara right now lol). So I'm actually quite dissapointed with Etude House's packaging for this mascara, like i feel like they could've made it so much prettier. It's very plain and boring, not Etude House kind of style. However, one thing I do like about it, is that it's small and travel friendly. It's much smaller and compact than bringing brow powder or wax. 

Image from Jolse
There are five shades that are offered and the colour of the tube is the colour of the actual mascara. I'm pretty sure that the one I own is the darkest shade in the range so if you want something darker, you'll most likely have to find it from another brand. 


Just to put it out there, this brow mascara is nothing like the Benefit Gimme Brows. The brush of the mascara is a lot thicker and longer unlike the Benefit gimme brow which is small for more precision. I found that these bristles are really stiff and so when you want to apply the product to your brows, I'd recommend you not to press too hard or you might end up scratching yourself! The eyebrow mascara itself is very pigmented and only a little bit of product is needed to fully coat the eyebrows. I heard that many eyebrow mascara's dry and stiffen to keep the brows in place all day but the formula of the Etude House mascara is quite wet and doesn't seem to set. It may be a good thing for those who don't want stiff unnatural looking eyebrows, but you may have to be a bit careful after you apply this in case it starts to smudge. You may want to set it with powder if you wish. I learnt this tip off Bubzbeauty and she said that the best way to use eyebrow mascaras is to go in the opposite direction in which your eyebrows go first to fully coat every single brow hair and then go back in the directions that your eyebrows grow in to shape them and give it definition. 

Swatch 


Demo 


You can definitely tell in the pictures that the mascara is very pigmented and wet. You usually only want to apply one coat or else you'll find that it'll smudge and your eyebrows will look flat, mushed up together and will ruin your whole make up look (literally. I made the mistake of touching my eyebrows before it dried and it looked REALLY bad!! Not sure if any of you guys have accidently rubbed your eyebrows whilst it's still wet from the products but once you ruin it, it's so hard to fix!!) 

Verdict ♥

Packaging:  ♥  ♥  
/ 5 
I've never been so dissapointed with Etude House packaging before. If you've read any of my other Etude House product reviews I always give a 4 or a 5 for design but this one is just so plain and boring. I do love how it's small and great for travelling though! It's definitely travel friendly and it won't take up much space in your make up bag :)

Price:  ♥ ♥ 
♥ 
♥  / 5  
I'm really glad the price made up for the not so pretty packaging. $6 is really cheap if you're on a tight budget and want to try this out.  

Performance:  ♥  ♥  ♥ 
 / 5
 
After trying the Benefit Gimme brow I found that this Etude House brow mascara was no where near as good. I didn't really like the hard bristles of the brush and I didn't really enjoy the wet formula that takes forever to dry either. The pigmentation is quite good but other than that, the product wasn't what I expected. 

Overall - 3.3 / 5 
 

Pros: 
  • Cheap
  • Pigmented
  • Wide range of shades to choose from 
  • Travel Friendly 
Cons: 
  • Plain Packaging 
  • Takes a long time to dry 
  • Smudges easily 
  • Hard bristles 
  • Long brush is hard to control 
So overall I don't mind using this product as an alternative until it runs out but I don't think I will be buying this again. I really think spending $32 on the Benefit Gimme Brow is a much better investment and I prefer the quality of Gimme brow over this. I think it's because I'm so used to using that, I can't seem to love any other brow products that I try. Hope you all enjoyed my review on this. 

Please leave a comment down below if you've tried this before. Do you also have any HG brow products that you can recommend to me? I've heard that the Anastasia dip brow is everyones favourite lately!! 

Until next Saturday, take care everyone ^_^


No comments

Hey Everyone! Feel free to leave me a comment here, I'd love to hear what you think of my posts ^_^ ♥